Last Updated : 2020-05-27 02:50:17
During this Coronavirus Lockdown, many of us have taken up new hobbies like cooking, painting, learning a new language. Reading is another hobby that has become quite popular during this phase of lockdown. What can be more thrilling than to jump into the middle of an adventure in the dense Amazon rainforests while curling up on the couch in a lazy afternoon? Well, there can be nothing more enjoyable than it. Here I am sharing a list of 5 novels that I liked and hope you would like them too.
1. Life of Pi- Yes, I am talking about the bestselling book of Yann Martel that has been made into a major motion picture in 2012. It is the story of the survival of a boy named Pi Patel in the vast ocean on a small lifeboat with an adult Royal Bengal Tiger. Sounds thrilling! Right? Yes, the book is a must-read for its twists in the plot, lucid and straightforward storytelling and an unwavering hint of suspense. So readers, brace up! Its time to embark on a mysterious journey with the adventures of Pi.
2. The Alchemist- A major bestseller from Paolo Coelho, which has already achieved the status of a modern classic. It tells us a magical fable about following our dreams. This is the story of a boy named Santiago who embarks on a perilous journey in search of a hidden treasure as extravagant as any ever found. The story shows us the right paths to follow to realize our dreams. It is the story about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, learning to read the omens strewn along the path of life and above all, everything it takes to follow our dreams.
3. Dust on the Mountain- An anthology of short stories by the renowned author Ruskin Bond. From his stories, you literally get the smell of the breeze blowing over the valleys, the pungent smell of the rain-fed forests of Dehradun. His stories evoke simplicity and tend to find joy even in the little things that life has to offer. Most of his stories revolve encountered by him. A strong sense of unity with nature can be felt in his writings.
4. The Godfather- We get a glimpse of the dreaded underworld ruled by Sicilian mafia and cartels in Mario Puzo s The Godfather. It narrates the story of a gangster named Vito Corleone, who is a dreaded figure of the mob on the one hand and a loving father and family man on the other. We can get an insight into the terms used among the ranks and the way they conduct their business. The story is captivating and enjoyable as the other books of Puzo like The Family.
5. Digital Fortress- The first novel written by the master of thriller Dan Brown. He is the celebrated author of books like The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. This story revolves around a computer virus created by a hacker that threatens to release the sensitive data of the government to the world. For all the thriller lovers out there- This novel is a must-read.
So this was all about the five books that you can binge on this lockdown and delve into a world of adventure and thrills while keeping boredom at bay.
Comments : 0
~ Be first to comment ~